Chase Sapphire Preferred & Ink Bold In 1 Churn

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Zolomark, Dec 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Zolomark

Zolomark Active Member

Status Points:
    Was wondering if its possible to apply for both cards at Chase simultaneously? I've wanted the SP for a while and want to take advantage of the current lower spend on the Ink cards. Any advice on how to approach the application as well as the spend requirement (8k$ in 3 months)?

Thanks

servo46250 likes this.
  2. romsdeals

romsdeals Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is totally doable. You might have to call reconsideration line if not approved. Use amazon payments, buy gift cards, etc.

servo46250 and edekba like this.
  3. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the Chase UA Explorer and Ink Bold in the same AoR recently and had to call the recon line on both, but got both approved. I'd assume the CSP wouldn't be significantly different than the UA card.

merice107 and edekba like this.
  4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely doable. You would likely have to call recon for Ink Bold whether you applied for it alone or at the same time as a personal card. I would apply for CSP first then do Ink Bold. Lots of options out there for meeting the spending requirement these days, and you are right to want to do the Ink while the spending requirements are lower. If there are VR cards at some drugstores or other places near you that will help a bunch, but that is far from the only option. Million Mile Secrets and Frequent Miler have tons of tips on helping with more creative spending requirement options if you need them.

Dad to GO and Zolomark like this.
  5. romsdeals

romsdeals Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a few tips on my site too. Let me know if you need help.

6. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same with me and my wife.

7. Zolomark

Zolomark Active Member

Status Points:
    thanks all for the very helpful responses. will be doing my apps today!!!

mommypoints likes this.
  8. jkchan83

jkchan83 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let us know how it goes!

9. Zolomark

Zolomark Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys, per mommypoints advice, I just applied for the CSP first. I got a pending further review result (kind of expected that). I'm wondering, should I call the reconsideration line now and get that cleared and hopefully approved before I submit the app for the Ink bold? Or should I submit the Ink Bold first and then call both reconsideration lines (assuming I'll get pending for that too)? I want to call both today, if that's not a bad idea. Thanks

10. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would apply for the Ink the same day. I don't know anyone (I'm sure there are a few) that got their business card application approved without having to call the reconsideration line. Just have your ducks in a row with what questions you can expect to get asked... Type of business, yearly revenue, yearly expenses, why you want the card, etc. Most of all.. be friendly and courteous with the reps and they will usually treat you the same. Remember... they have your fate in their hands (until you don't like the answer you get and call back to talk to another one) :p

11. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Personally, I would go ahead and submit the Ink app and then just call both recon lines. An instant on the CSP would have certainly been nice, but I honestly rarely get instants from Chase anymore myself either. I agree, just be nice when you call and if you get the vibe you have gotten a grumpy rep make up an excuse why you have to get off the phone quickly and call back. Most of the reps I have dealt with are great. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly for ya!

12. Zolomark

Zolomark Active Member

Status Points:
    Success for both cards! Thank you all! Just wanted to give a heads up to people applying, looks like they had to move some credit lines to approve me for the Ink Bold. Strange because I thought it was a charge card with no spend limit and no need for credit. But I had no problem moving some around. Just be prepared for that!

13. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yay! That is what happened for me on the first one as well. Enjoy your new points when they arrive. ;)