Chase Sapphire Pending

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by missionalan, Apr 28, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. missionalan

missionalan New Member

Status Points:
    Newbie question. I have a Chase Sapphire and wife is an authorized user. I just closed our Chase Marriott card (wife authorized user). I recently applied and approved for a non-Chase card.

Well, my wife just applied for a Chase Sapphire and was given a pending approval email.

Should we wait to see if she is approved (which they said will be within 30 days by mail) or have her apply for a non-Chase card?

2. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's your goal here? Just to get the wife a credit card?

3. missionalan

missionalan New Member

Status Points:
    Yes. What we found out though is that because we've been on the anti credit card March for almost 10years, my wife doesn't have much of a credit score. So we are going to have to start small and build it.

4. Foxtail

Foxtail New Member

Status Points:
    This also happened to me after my husband added me as an authorized user on his chase sapphire preferred. I had applied under my own name and got the same pending approval. That was 3 weeks ago. Now today, I got my own card with him as authorized user and a very good credit line. It doesn't hurt to wait, the damage is done for the inquiry anyway.

satman40 likes this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I rotate cards, I only put he name as an AU if I get points for it, never had a problem getting an approval, but sometime it take a few days for the car to show up in the mail,''

In the last 5 year my FICO Score has gone up 100 points, because of CC activity.