Chase Sapphire 75K

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by simon389, Jan 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Just noticed the recent thread on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1306091-targeted-chase-sapphire-75-000-a.html

Can anybody explain why the heck FT would close the thread? I would have really liked that thread to have stayed open, since I would love to secure message Chase about bumping my 50K up to 75K, and it would have been nice to have seen other people's successful bumps before I would try it for myself...

2. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    AFAIK Chase will not bump bonuses for targeted offers. If the 75k becomes the public offer, however, you might get a chance. I can't comment on why they closed that thread on TOBB though.

3. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps it was determined that there was no targeted offer for 75,000 points.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    There seems to be a lot of closed threads in that forum.

Jimgotkp and TheTravelAbstract like this.
  5. I've gotten bumped twice already for referencing other people's targetted offers. I almost feel like FT closed the thread because Chase didn't want it open and up for discussion...

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's certainly interesting that the moderator who closed the thread couldn't even be bothered to explain it with a short message. There may very well be a valid reason, so why not offer that reason?

7. Is it unfair to feel that sometimes FT mods and industry are in cahoots?

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really don't know if that's the case. I'd think if Chase wanted to avoid having this information become public and if they had editorial influence on FT, the thread would have just disappeared into the big bit bucket in the sky instead of just getting closed.

9. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Million Mile Secrets posted about the thread on his blog and the comments on the post suggest people were not successful in asking for the bump. I hope if the targeted offer was real it is a prelude to a larger public offering. I have not signed up for the card because I am hoping for a larger bonus. I don't need the card at the moment so it is not worth it to me at 50k.

TheTravelAbstract likes this.
  10. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wait, bloggers spilling 1,000 words per post per week on its virtues haven't convinced you yet? ;)

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  11. Can I share with you guys one aspect of the amazingness of this card? I can redeem UR points for Amtrak, and the Cascade line here on the west coast (Portland to Seattle to Vancouver BC) redeems any one way for 1000 Amtrak points (1500 in biz class). A ticket between Portland and VancouverBC is $60 ($87 for Business class). Amazing :)

misterbwong, mailbroad and curtis1120 like this.
  12. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    An hour after the thread on FT mentioned the 75K bonus, gave Chase a SM and was denied immediately. You must be getting really lucky simon389....

13. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't know that. I was planning on booking a trip on the Cascade anyway, but I figured I'd use the coupon in my Chinook Book. Points may be a better deal.

14. sargenet
    Original Member

sargenet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Funny thing.... I had someone at corporate tell me that the 75K was both targeted AND was posted on a website for a few days. They also told me that had it been 90 days since I got my card they would have matched this offer if I called in and asked.

But it had been more than 90 days so they couldn't do anything for me. This was a senior analyst I spoke with. But then a few days later someone from another office called me back and said they spoke to marketing and the 75K was targeted only. And...like the 100K...they would not match it.

So once again I think word got out and everyone started calling and emailing them. Heck I even got an email response telling me they would only match it if it had been 90 days! I think the issue is that they have this "premium enrichment program" that allows them to upgrade a sign up bonus if it has been less than 90 days. But that doesn't take in consideration "targeted offers"...

15. well i suppose anything larger than 50K is good, because it raises the chance of a higher bonus for me to match. i'm only 30 days into my 90 days at the moment...