Chase said no

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by michael21, Apr 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got the ink bold card like 2 weeks ago and now the new offer offers 10k more bonus miles. I secure messaged chase to match the bonus to 60k and was told that offers change so pretty much no. I thought they match offers within 90 days of a better offer popping up.

Anything I can do? Am I wrong?

2. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    Emily didn't get bumped via secure message, but it worked after calling in. They usually do match offers within 90 days, so try again a few times.

Good luck!

harvson3, wrxmom and iolaire like this.
  4. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd call. I got initially turned down on two Chase cards sometime ago and got approved for both, with applicable bonuses, after a phone call. their customer service usually works with you.

Espan likes this.
  5. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually, looks like the OP is talking about uping a bonus to match newer/better offer. I don't have any experience w/ that being denied, then reconsidered, but it sure can't hurt to call...

6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I just received my Ink Bold card yesterday. Had applied for the 50K version. When I called to activate, I asked about getting bumped to the 60K offer. The CSR said that someone else had called and asked and the answer was no, so she told me no.

I then sent a SM to Chase and received the reply that once I spent the $5K to reply to the email and they would indeed give me the extra 10K.

foxberg likes this.
  7. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I know. It was just a general suggestion regarding their CS.