Chase said no

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by michael21, Apr 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

I just got the ink bold card like 2 weeks ago and now the new offer offers 10k more bonus miles. I secure messaged chase to match the bonus to 60k and was told that offers change so pretty much no. I thought they match offers within 90 days of a better offer popping up.

Anything I can do? Am I wrong?
  2. lin821
    Original Member

lin821 Gold Member

This is the forum for General Discussion | Miles/Points discussion.

Please try Other Credit Card Programs Forum instead. Thank you.

And please find the right forum to start your threads and don't cross-post:

You should be able to contact the admin and ask them to move your misplaced threads rather than starting a new one in a different forum.
    Mikus33 likes this.
  3. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

I would think that since they pulled that so quickly, it's likely there's nothing you can do.
  4. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

I've heard alot of people report that they HAVE gotten the bump, even people who were originally denied.

My sense is that right when it happened, and people started asking for the 10k, they denied them immediately and were caught up in the craziness of it all. Now that things have settled down a bit, they have been much more lenient.

It never hurts to try and try again. If you are denied again through secure message, then try calling in. You know you'll talk to a real person, so its not like all hope is lost. Then just explain your case. I won't guarantee you'll get the miles, but 10k is a decent amount, so it can't hurt.