Chase Rewards Card I'd Like To Have

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Zomby Woof, Jun 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Chase provides many credit cards that can earn you airline miles and hotel points. I'd like to see them offer a card that you can customize with the airline and hotel program(s) you want and even still earn ultimate rewards. This would help (me at least) reduce my credit card count. So here's one idea. I'll call it the Chase Sapphire Elite. It would be a World Elite Mastercard and merge the ultimate reward point earning of the current Sapphire Preferred and Freedom. So you get the 10% bonus instead of 7% and 5% category spend in addition to all the other Sapphire Preferred features. It should include primary rental car insurance coverage.

Now you can pick add on features at extra cost to the annual fee from what they offer now in their other cards (e.g. Marriott, Hyatt, United Club, etc). For example, you want Marriott Premier features, you get 15 night elite credit, annual free night, 5 points per dollar at Marriotts, and 1 elite night for every $3K spend. All non-Marriott spend earns Ultimate Rewards points. Chase could still offer sign up bonuses when adding the feature to your card.

I would think he add on fees could be less than annual fee for the particular credit card itself (e.g. Marriott Premier) due to overlap of features (e.g. no-foreign transactions fees). Chase could also offer discounts when bundling N number of add ons.

I have the Chase Freedom, Sapphire Preferred World MC, Marriott Premier and Hyatt cards. Getting one card with all those features would be benefical to me.

2. danimal
    Original Member

danimal Gold Member

Status Points:
    A good and interesting idea. There may need to be some type of choice for overlapping bonus benefits (e.g, the ability to pick one point accumulator for x2 on restaurant spend for Marriott, Hyatt, and Sapphire).

SuperKirby likes this.
  3. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be nice, but it will be a LONG time before anything like this happens. Carrying 4 Chase cards to me is annoyingly a lot. It made me cancel a lot of other CC banks because I don't want my total card count high. I would at least like to see something on par with the Amex Plat, but of course with the pt multiplier of CSP, Freedom, etc. I will admit I thought about it myself, I was thinking they would call it the Chase Ultimate Card® :cool:

4. rockyrock

rockyrock Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really like this idea--build your own card. Choose the options that work best for you, like customizing your auto insurance. You start out with the base policy and all the bells and whistles you add cost more. Sweet :)

5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the idea but it seems like a signature visa brand might give more odd benefits from that "signture visa" line. Also I want true chip and pin with no foreign transaction fees. Maybe a feature where you can chose your sign up bonus, chose your earnings kinda like hhonors, etc. where you can switch or adjust it anytime you want on the website.

6. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    No bank would ever do this. That'd be like giving us a blank check.

daninstl likes this.