Chase Reconsideration Line Can't Find Application

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Citifool23, Jun 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Citifool23

Citifool23 Active Member

On June 16th I applied for both the personal and business versions of the SouthWest cards + 3 non chase cards. The personal was instant approved and the business received a "Further Processing Required". I called Chase today and they don't have any records of me applying for the business card. It's weird because I did receive an email stating it was pending further review immediately after applying.

Any one have any idea how/why an application would just disappear from Chase system?

How do I best proceed here - I needed the business card to reach a companion pass, but now that I have applied for 4 cards two days ago will Chase be willing to approve me for the business? Should I wait another X days and then apply? I'm hoping to use the companion pass for an October trip.
  2. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

No idea, sorry. The couple of times this happened to me, where there was no record of my applying, I was using some Flyertalk trick to get an expired offer or whatever and it was no longer working, so there really was no application. I checked and there had been no pull as a result in my credit report. I ended up re-applying and getting the normal offer.

Assuming you haven't been going nuts with applications, I'd just do exactly that. Apply again.