Chase question

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by savingrace, Jan 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. savingrace

savingrace Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been waiting for an invitation on United website for 50,000 miles CC link. I finally got it, and applied for the card and was approved.

In my excitement, I forgot that I am out of the country for nearly three months. Usually Chase (and all credit cards) want you to call from your home phone.

Should I call Chase and explain the situation? I can get the number and make purchases online to meet spend, but I am a little leery of my husband sending the card to me in Ireland.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    Newscience likes this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can activate your card by phone without having to call from home -- you'll just be asked to provide information that verifies your identity. You'll need to know all numbers on the card, including the 3-digit card ID from the backside. Chase also offers online activation. I've never done it from an overseas IP address, so there may be additional steps on that route too.

I would not volunteer any stories or explanations beyond what they will ask.

daninstl and Newscience like this.
  3. savingrace

savingrace Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, MX

4. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    What MX said. Should be no problem. You'll just get kicked to a person, which might have happened anyway and asked a few more questions. No biggie.

5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You need to tell Chase you will be out of the country and for how long.. after you activate it

I am with the others say nothing, you have been approved.,

Even a fish would never get caught if it keep it's mouth shut...

curiousgeorge and daninstl like this.
  6. savingrace

savingrace Silver Member

Status Points:
    I already informed them I would be out of the country. But it sounds like no big deal, except I wish I had it to rent a car for my spend.

Gconnery, is that a bottle of Heinz ketchup in your gravatar?

7. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, we were eating at a restaurant seaside in Hawaii some years back and a Gecko (or is it an Anole lizard? I get confused) climbed up on the bottle and started licking at the bit of ketchup around the rim. Thought it was a cool picture. Also used to use "Gecko" as a handle on various boards a while back...

Gargoyle likes this.