Chase PriorityClub rewards Visa

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by tomthbomb, Jun 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. tomthbomb

tomthbomb Active Member

Status Points:
    I have read and re-read the offer. Have I overlooked an annual fee? Oops, found it. Didn't scroll down. Second question still valid.

Also are the 5 points for every $1 spent at a PC Hotel in addition to the regular PC points and what ever promotions already signed up for?

I know you guys will know. Thanks in advance! ttb

daninstl likes this.
  2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, the credit card points are in addition to the regular points earned.

daninstl likes this.
  3. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    and combine that with sites like mrrebates that have recently offered 15% back when booking through them!

Rosalia and KathInJax like this.
  4. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had the old chase PC visa (free one) for years and just decided I would sign up for the new one with the 60,000 points, and the free night every year, and first year fee free.
    Was thinking they would deny me since I already have a PC card, and was going to call and combine my old card to the new one. However I applied and got instant approval. My question is do you get a free night the first year or only when you renew and pay the $49 yearly fee?

I applied here and it says enjoy a free night for every year of card membership. Makes it sound like you have to complete a full year before you get the free night.

daninstl, freebird and KathInJax like this.
  5. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    You receive the free night starting on your anniversary date (and being charged the $49 fee)

daninstl likes this.
  6. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

Status Points:
    You receive the 60k pts (or 80k depending on your offer) as your sign up bonus. The free night comes on the anniversary date of when you first signed up which compels people to keep the card and paying the annual fee... something that I find is well worth it which puts it high on my list of cards to get.

7. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I could see how it's compelling to pay the $49 annual fee for a free night anywhere. which could be valued at $200 or more.

daninstl likes this.
  8. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied using the link and approved for CC but didn't get the signing bonus points. What's my next move? Throw it back to them? Call and ask for points?

9. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you paid off a balance yet?

10. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    Didn't use it yet or activate

11. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got my card on August 10th, made a $5 charge on amazon and haven't even got my first statement, and paid a bill yet, but yesterday 8/27 my 60K points already posted. Pretty amazing.

12. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called the Chase customer service today and inquired about the CC signing bonus. Well, she said, once I use my card they will deposit 60,000 points/miles.
    Yesssssss!

EVERYONE, USE THE LINK TO APPLY. I'm planning to spend PC when I'm in Korea and Japan, and no foreign transaction fee is a bonus for me.

daninstl likes this.
  13. jeffrey930

jeffrey930 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should ask to be match to 80K sign up bonus.

14. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    got a link or code for the 80K I'd like to call try to get the extra 20K.

15. jeffrey930

jeffrey930 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No link its targeted. When I log in to my priority club online I see a 80K offer. I also got email for 80K 3X now to apply for the card. I'm just not ready to apply for it yet maybe next year. I think you can just email chase once you get approved to be match for the 80K offer.

16. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many folks who received 60K have had success asking for the extra 20K points, because the 80K offer has been around a long time. So, yes, email Chase.

17. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did they tell you you don't get the points?
    I believe it is an "after first purchase" bonus.

18. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I received the CCs ,the packet didn't mention anything about points. So, my initial thought was, the link didn't work. I found out after a phone call to a customer service agent, that once I make the first purchase they will deposit 60k points.

I'm happy to get the 60k points. If it wasn't for this forum, I would have gotten zero points. I almost applied on Chase's website without the signing bonus points:(

miles and smiles likes this.
  19. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the one on Chase's website is for 60k

You should send a secure message to get matched to the 80k offer out there (google it, as the "how to" is on TOBB)

I just got the 80k offer (confirmed) via a link provided there last week.

20. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received an email from Chase asking me to participate in an online survey. I don't usually do this kind of stuff, because it's a waste of time. However, I had a small issue with a Chase CSR, anyway to make the long story short, I wrote a short comment about an experience I had with a particular CSR. A month later, I received a call from Chase about the comment I wrote on their survey. I just could not believe they called me. So, at the end of conversation, I mentioned about the 80,000 points signing bonus offered currently and can they match it. They said, they'll consider matching the point and will get back to me. This sounds promising.

I received a letter from Chase today. Guess what? I got a confirmation that they will credit 20,000 additional points to match the current promotion of 80,000 points.

I have to thank all of you guys for encouraging me to ask for an additional 20,000 points. Joining mile point forum was the best thing ever. well, just a notch below my espresso machine.

miles and smiles and servo46250 like this.
  21. FishMN

FishMN Member

Status Points:
    This credit card is a no brainer for me: 80k bonus points per my offer through a video, 5X room points on IHG charges, Platinum status with card for life, Signature card benefits, and the free night for a bargain rate of $49. The only reason I could see somebody not doing this is if they don't really want/need a hotel stay annually or have less than acceptable credit. As a holder of the previous card, I was thrilled to receive the bonus points with this upgrade. Kudos, Chase and PCR!

22. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:

I emailed Chase Customer service and got the following repsonse to upgrade to the 80K offer.

Thank you for contacting Chase about your Priority Club
    Select credit card account.

I understand that you have received a new enrollment bonus
    offer for 80,000 points after the first use of the
    account. As a gesture of our commitment to you, I have
    added 20,000 points to match the difference between the
    offer you applied with and the new offer. This adjustment
    will appear on your next billing statement.

Clocktower likes this.
  23. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the card about 11/2 years ago. Do you think the request for additional points would work?

24. Travelled

Travelled Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi, Now my resident out us & ca, how I can get Chase PriorityClub rewards Visa? Regards

25. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sorry if I'm rude but I think you might need to phrase your question in better and clearer english in order to generate an accurate response.

Travelled likes this.