Chase PresPlus: Waives New 4 UA Flight Requirement, $60 Credit for 1Ks

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by J.Edward, Sep 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. J.Edward
    Original Member

J.Edward Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two minor benefits which are remaining are the $60 statement credit for 1Ks for Chase cards (this was an existing benefit on the UA side) as well as the apparent waiver of the flight requirements for status in exchange for carrying a Chase PPlus Card.

Earlier this year CO and their partner, Chase - The Bank from Hell, slashed the benefits of the once attractive Presidential Plus Credit Card but it appears that UA's adding this as a benefit to the card.

That said, I'm hard pressed to see why someone would pay upwards of $400 for the card and lounge access and *not* have four flights on the airline, but whatever.

But regardless of that, I'm glad the $60 statement credit is staying around and hopefully Chase will continue to leave the annual fees for their cards grandfathered in for existing customers.

$60 Credit Source

Also per the website:
    Also beginning January 1, 2012, to qualify for any Premier level, members must fly at least four paid flights on the new United (including Continental), Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia during a calendar year. Members who hold a Chase-issued OnePass Presidential PlusSM Credit Card are exempt from this minimum flight criteria as long as their card account is in good standing at the time of qualification. (source)

JohnDeere19 and EX-LAX like this.
  2. EX-LAX

EX-LAX Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Bank from Hell isn't the half of it!
    Chase (Marriott) raised my fees from $65.00 to $85.00 a few weeks ago and I dropped it, after about 6 years of carrying it in my wallet. This bank has a major attitude that they are doing you the customer a big favor to have sent you the plastic, and then you get the privilege to possibly become in debt to them for the rest of your life.
    However one can't walk 2 feet, almost anywhere, and that includes to the mailbox once a day, without offers and enticements to sign up and jump on board.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Neither of these benefits makes the card particularly compelling for me.

4. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As bad as Chase is, my experiences with BofA are much worse. All the major banks stink.

5. J.Edward
    Original Member

J.Edward Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here -- I have a hard time seeing a situation where one would opt for the card but not be able to squeeze in four UA segments and while I certainly appreciate the $60 statement credit, it's not going to make me go out of my way to get it, if I did not already have it.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually gave mine back when it came time for renewal. The FlexEQMs aren't worth much to me and the lounge access is of less and less value lately with my travel patterns.