CHASE: Presidential Plus Doesn't get you Hyatt Platinum

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Black Cloud, Mar 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    Spending a couple nights at a Hyatt this week and surprised to see that I'm a general member as a Presidential Plus cardholder (had previously been a Hyatt Plat based on stays, but I went SPG and Hilton crazy last year). Called Chase to see how I could rectify that and the agent said it was a Hyatt issue and transferred me over.

Hyatt said Chase is responsible for signing the member up, and then they can merge the accounts.

So I called Chase back and spoke to another rep who was completely in the dark. Pointed her to the Chase Credit Cards website and she was very confused by the language on there and didn't understand that Platinum was different than Gold. She told me that under the terms and conditions Chase isn't responsible for fulfilling the benefit and therefore she couldn't do anything, and had never heard of it.

By the logic as it was presented today: Hyatt says call Chase. Chase says we're a bank, not a hotel. And I, I'm just left paying a high annual fee on a card with crud customer service and an inability to get Chase to fulfill the benefits promised.

Anyone else figure out how to get this resolved?

PAinNY likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doesn't the PPlus card come with some fancy concierge service? Maybe they can fix it.

I know that they sent me a new Hyatt account when I got the card so the Chase enrollment/merge things sounds vaguely accurate.

PAinNY likes this.
  3. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    No. I don't think the concierge service is anything more than just a dude sitting on his couch watching Sportscenter reruns on mute with access to opentable.com

Perhaps it is. I just have no idea how to get a new account to merge it into my old one. Hyatt says not them. And Chase says: we're a bank, we're incapable of making mistakes.

PAinNY and Sandy like this.
  4. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I had no issue when I signed up for my PP Master Card, I became Hyatt Platinum within weeks.

PAinNY likes this.
  5. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Likewise. I think that when I received the card, it came with instructions on how to get the Platinum status. I guess now they just send out fancy boxes which weigh a ton. I'll bet that buried somewhere within those 500+ pages of luxury hotels, there is a blurb about Hyatt Platinum status and how to get it with the card.

6. Sean
    Original Member

Sean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd call Chase at least a few more times, you might get a rep in the know.

Renard likes this.
  7. yunicorner
    Original Member

yunicorner Silver Member

Status Points:
    The instructions are very unclear on getting the Platinum status as opposed to the Avis benefit which they seem to advertise all the time with direct sign-up links. I didn't want to wait a few weeks for the Hyatt benefit to kick in so I called Hyatt and they were able to get it set. I told them that I had just gotten the card and that Platinum status was one of the benefits. The agent asked me to hold and when she came back she said it was all set. I received the status within a day or two. I've read other people were successful in calling Hyatt as well. Sorry to hear you're getting the runaround. Hopefully someone will help you out.

PAinNY likes this.
  8. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the past, although I've been a Gold Passport member for many years, I'd always get a new number that was Platinum status from the Chase card. I'd just call Hyatt GP and explain, and if I hadn't qualified for Plat on my own, they'd upgrade my old account to that and cancel the one Chase sent me.

I'd try calling both again to get it sorted out.

PAinNY likes this.
  9. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a similar run around as an OP without any success. I guess I will have to try to call Hyatt Gold Passport again.

PS: I even emailed them before and got this response

Dear Tahkuct:

Thank you for your message to Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. It is my pleasure
    to assist you.

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with the information you have
    requested. For further assistance with this matter, please contact
    Chase Cardmember Services at 1-800-436-7941.

I look forward to a future opportunity to assist you. Thank you for
    choosing Hyatt.

Sincerely,

Hyatt Sales Representative

10. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you happen to have this Avis link? I signed up for the card two weeks ago, and like the OP I'm still regular Avis Preferred and Hyatt gold. Thanks!

theBOAT

11. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
  12. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you already have a Wizard #, you will need to call Avis to have your Wizard # linked.

13. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just cr
    I just created a new one :)

14. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Avis CS said the same thing :) All it took was a 30 second phone call during business hours. Status is now showing online.

Now just waiting on Hyatt...

theBOAT

15. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Called Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum line. Referred them to T&C which states that Hyatt is solely responsible for fulfillment and that I had a runaround for the past 2 month. Was finally given Platinum status.:)

mtbroxs likes this.
  16. Sandy
    Original Member

Sandy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Fancy boxes? Mine just came in a regular old envelope. I feel robbed!

17. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should receive a 10-pound box containing all sorts of goodies. :D Actually, it's just some fancy marketing materials and a very heavy book listing all of the Luxury Hotel Collection properties, perks, and pretty pictures.

18. Sandy
    Original Member

Sandy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will it come after the card? [Sniffle. Pout]

19. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They started sending them out after I had the card for about a year. I presume you will eventually receive one.

Sandy likes this.
  20. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    It does come after the card. I got mine via UPS last week. It really is a 10 pound box, with the majority of the weight taken up by the Luxury Collection hotel directory. Pretty much a waste of $$ on Chase's part.

On a side note, my lounge membership card just came in the mail. It included a slip of paper saying that Morton's Steakhouse VIP membership is part of the deal, but the link is broken (http://www.mortons.com/continental) - it just takes you to their main page. Anyone find this deal working for them? Is it worth anything?

theBOAT

Sandy likes this.
  21. Morsel
    Original Member

Morsel Active Member

Status Points:
    Just tried this:

Thank you for your interest in Morton's The Steakhouse. We are sorry to inform you that the Morton's and Continental partnership has been discontinued and we are no longer extending the Morton's VIP benefits to Continental card members.

Thank you.

22. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for starting this thread. :)

I am a recent PP MC recipient (free offer) and just checked and see that I am still a Hyatt Gold, and did not get the Platinum level already. I shall call the Gold Passport desk when they open up later today...

23. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Typical garbage Chase customer phone service. I would use the online prvate mesaging system to send Chase an account enquiry to try and get the issue resolved and make sure to show them the wbe page link with the info stating GP Platinum status is awarded via the Chase Presidential Plus card. They should also be informed at the abysmal customer service of their phone reps and conduct proper training to solve these issues. They usually will direct it to the proper department.

24. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Chase and determined that all you have to do is call Hyatt Gold Passport and they will make the upgrade. Chase folks were nice enough, but really not very well trained on the product.

Don't waste your time calling Chase, just call Hyatt Gold Passport directly @ 1.800.228.2260 - 2 minute exercise to upgrade.

Good luck!

JBS

25. bdraco

bdraco Silver Member

Status Points:
    Call the 614? # on the back of the card. IMHO, You will get better service.