Chase OnePass Plus retention bonus

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by cvarming, Jan 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I have the Continental OnePass Plus Mastercard that we all got last year, and I tried to cancel it today. I wanted to cancel to make sure it was not converted into a United card. Instead of cancelling it I ended up with a $100 retention bonus. My spend on this card was just under $10k over the last year. $100 is not bad for a single phone call, but I kind of still want to cancel the card to ensure that I will be eligible for any future United sign-up bonus. How long does it usually take for the retention credit to show up on my statement? And do you guys think that keeping the card will make me ineligible for a future United signup bonus?

hulagrrl210 and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got mine on the next statement (about two weeks after the closing). I was given the choice of 10K miles or a $100 credit. I took the miles. This was three or four months ago.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    No retention bonus for me. :( Just canceled my card.

4. scotty00
    Original Member

scotty00 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My $100 retention offer appeared about 2 weeks after I called. I promptly made a $100 charge to bring my balance up to $0 and then closed my account two weeks later with no issues.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  5. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got no retention bonus, but it was probably because I took the wrong tact on the call. I jumped a step and said that I want to consolidate the accounts therefore I was transferred to the consolidation deportment and not the retention department. I would have kept the card if they would have offered 10K miles. Live and learn.

traveltoomuch and TAHKUCT like this.
  6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have moved major part of my credit line to another Chase card few days before I canceled. And, as reported above, still no retention offer :(

traveltoomuch likes this.
  7. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    same here :(

Gargoyle and TAHKUCT like this.
  8. cvarming
    Original Member

cvarming Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

Once again, today I tried to cancel my Continental Onepass Plus card. I ended up with another retention bonus of $100 or 10k miles. I picked the10k miles (last month I picked the $100). Have you guys any experience in getting two bonuses within a few months? I figured that since I have already received my $100 statement credit I will come out on top even if the second bonus doesn't happen. I specifically picked the 10k miles in order to minimize the chances of loosing out.

traveltoomuch likes this.