CHASE milers.....has BA tempted you enough to stay with them?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by EZEIZA, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would be very interested to hear feedback from members who took advantage of the Chase BAEC mile promotion.
    Of those of you who have flown BA using your promo miles, was your flight experience good enough to tempt you into flying with BA again.....by paying cash for a ticket?
    Or....have you no intention of flying with BA, preferring to use your miles on a partner award instead?

2. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    No intention to spend them on BA at all :)

hulagrrl210, garyst16 and jmrich1432 like this.
  3. penumpang
    Original Member

penumpang Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was approved for the card and never intended to use the BA miles on BA. I plan to use them on CX Biz or JL Biz from the U.S. to South East Asia.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  4. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suspect that as a result of the YQ BA charges, many who have taken up the Chase offer will spend miles going to Asia or South America instead of spending them with BA... which suits me as it doesn't impact as much on availability!

5. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suspect you're right.

BA has obviously made enough out of the deal not to worry about it.

Globaliser likes this.
  6. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Whilst it does get a bit annonying reading so many threads about US based BAEC members views on the YQ, as someone based in the UK I don't mind. Most EU airlines charge YQ and we've become acustomed to paying it. I use my miles for flights I would otherwise make and the YQ & taxes for a Business/First flight cost me less than an economy ticket would if I had to pay for it.

7. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never planned on using them with BA. Will use on AA or another that doesn't hit you with exorbitant YQ fees

8. Whatwasthat...
    Original Member

Whatwasthat... Silver Member

Status Points:
    We're about to take our first "mileage" flight with BA Miles on BA in two weeks, and very much looking forward to it (CW: LAX-FCO, CDG-LAX)! If the experience is as pleasant as I've heard, we would indeed continue to use miles on BA and look to fly BA "for pay" as well. So far, the BA/Chase Card Bonus' have been a big motivator for me and many of my family & friends (and I don't begrudge them taxes & fees for tickets I probably wouldn't find as affordable otherwise... well, maybe begrudge them just a little, but...). Of course I hope I still feel the same after this trip. :)

9. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    We have a winner. :D
    Hope you enjoy the CW experience Whatwasthat.

10. SFOPeter
    Original Member

SFOPeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked 2 F tix IAD-LHR-MUM-LHR-SFO for next xmas->nye using my 2010 voucher. Already hit $30K spend for this year and plan to use the 2011 voucher for 2 tix to the med next summer. Am booking everything 11 months in advance so don't expect any problems using this voucher either.

Bought a J ticket on BA SFO-LHR-SFO for $3000, for a business trip in July. Would've ordinarily bought a UA ticket, so I guess this Chase thing is working. :) Although I think it's annoying I couldn't preselect a seat without paying $...

Peter