Chase Limit on CASH..

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by satman40, Aug 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a cash limit on my Business Chase Checking,

Never been charged, nor have I came close to the limit,

When we deposit cash they do ask for ID, now it is showing up on the monthly statement,

None of my other Bank are doing this, that I know. My cash deposits are limited, we use CC,

I deposited $2,34 at Chase, the teller wanted to see my ID, guess I will spend my pocket change at McDees...instead of SP CC.

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase got it a lot of hot water a few years back for not reporting certain cash transactions. They have now gone overboard in the opposite direction to cover their rear ends.

satman40 likes this.
  3. Bonnieji

Bonnieji Member

Status Points:

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  4. Bonnieji

Bonnieji Member

Status Points:
    ive never heard of deposit limits. Does this apply to every account?

Laptop Nomad and satman40 like this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a Cash Deposit Limit, before they start charging me a fee, I guess.

Just saying it was on my statement., and they do track it,

I have other business accounts with other banks, I do not think they track cash, nor have they ask me for ID when depositing cash, CHASE does.

I do not deposit any great amounts of cash, in any account, nor do I carry much cash.

Thank for all the responses,

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've had good experiences with Chase in the past, and I like the people at my local branch, but overall the company of late has been doing everything they can to Chase me away. Nickel-and-diming us, reducing or dropping features and services, etc...

They got hit with some big fines, and they are making sure they pass those fines on to their customers so that they don't have to reduce their A and B suite salaries and benefits.

Laptop Nomad, satman40 and flyforawg like this.
  7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the local Chase branch near me, they have introduced huge machines in the branch and cut back to one or two tellers at most. Pretty soon there won't be any human interaction with them.

8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase has direct deposit,make a picture of the check and it is deposited, many of my tenants use quick pay.

I have been with Chase over 40 years, via merge, the cash is probably a DOJ decision, I know the banks are watched close, much closer than the border.

Chase has really been good to me over the years, had many home loans, auto,,airplane loans, and milked the Credit Card game to death.

I will abide with their ID Game, after all I am over 21.

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  9. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't see the relevance of an ID when you are making a deposit. That is unless you are depositing $10,000 or more and they need it for currency forms. I was living in Canada a while ago, and I was renting. The landlord gave me deposit slips and I deposited the rent at the bank. The teller asked if I wanted to know the balance of the account. I stated it was not my account so I didn't need the balance. She told me that I could not put money in someone's account. I said why not, and if she wished to put money in my account I would gladly appreciate that.:) She looked at me like I had three heads, and deposited the check

curiousgeorge and satman40 like this.
  10. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can understand not giving the balance of an account unless you are the owner

I have put money in accounts so a bad check would clear, we would call and ask if a lower amount would clear,

I have also bought properties on contract and deposited checks in the owner s checking account he set up for that purpose. I called it creative financing in the old days before credit cards.

When I was young I was intimidated by banks, until I realized they made their money loaning other people's money...

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  11. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sowers, 61, found himself accused of this after becoming, it seems, a victim of his own success. As his company got bigger over the years and his employees went to more and more weekend farmers markets, they ended up with a lot of cash come Monday morning.

This is where the taxman trouble started, as he says the bank sought limited deposit amounts. “We'd had our festival and we get a lot [of] extra money,” Sowers explained. He said the bank teller told them they’d take their $12,000 in deposits, but they’d be “better off” if they kept it under $10,000, since “there is a lot of paperwork we have to fill out if you have to deposit more than $10,000.”