Chase is such a pain in the a**

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by lichenlt, May 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    It hasn't approved a single application of mine for over two years while I've never been declined by Citi or AMEX. Always told me too many inquiries or too many accounts open. Even after the lending services rep recommended the approval, the whatever department shut me down again.

I hate Chase!!!!!!!

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    lichenlt, I read somewhere that Chase flat-out bans people looking to do business with Chase, for various reasons.

Maybe you need to get with Chase to shift some credit around, or reduce some lines in order to be approved for another card.

Hopefully, you'll find some answers from Chase, other than "too many inquiries" (a legit reason to decline apps), or "too many accounts open" (a legit reason to not extend further credit).

3. bringer
    Original Member

bringer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just curious, how many inquiries do you have?

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    This thread is an important reminder not to overdo it with new credit cards. They are good to go after shown the deals are really big, or you really need the extra miles...but like with most things, moderation is advised.

5. bringer
    Original Member

bringer Silver Member

Status Points:
    They also liked to see you use the card more than once "for the bonus"..after awhile, they catch on. I'm on my fourth rewards chase card and so far so good

6. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    OP, have you spoken with a Chase rep about this to see what you could do? Chase runs so many points programs that it would be lousy to be ineligible for any of them.

7. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have their Amazon credit card for almost two years now and used that card extensively. But haven't been using it recently.

8. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    four or five in the last 12 months. But I did get maybe 10 other auto loan inquiries last August, which I was told would be counted as one inquiry.

9. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    The part I don't understand is that I never had problems with Citi and AMEX. It's not like I never did business with Chase, I have their Amazon card and two checking accounts (personal and biz). If my auto load inquiries is the problem here, why didn't Citi or AMEX bring it up to decline my applications? Chase is more stringent than those two? but why?

I guess I'll stop applying for new credit card for a while (6 months maybe?) and try again?