Chase Ink Targeted App

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by savingrace, Nov 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. savingrace

savingrace Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi - I received a chase ink application for 40,000 points in the mail. I have been wanting that card, and the spend was pretty low. So I filled it out and sent it in.

That was over three weeks ago. I haven't even seen a pull on my exparian, which I believe is who they use in Colorado.

So should I call them? I didn't even keep a copy of the application. And which department would I call to inquire?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for all that you do.

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    would definitely call.

from chase.com:

[​IMG]
    Inside the U.S.
    1-800-432-3117

3. savingrace

savingrace Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, of course I got a letter from Chase today, rejecting me for the Ink card because of "too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us.

I called the reconsideration line, was asked several questions about my business, personal worth, etc. She asked if I would be willing to switch credit around, and agreed to switch $3,000 from my Continental card. I thought I had it made, and then she said they would have to review the information again and let me know in a week.

I was very honest about my business, and how much I make ($700), and how much I would charge on the card in a month (around $600).

So I really don't expect to get the card, but at least I made the call. And I hate, absolutely hate making calls.

Thanks for your help, 744.

BWIflyer likes this.
  4. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hate making calls too but getting better after reading posts.

5. savingrace

savingrace Silver Member

Status Points:
    YAY! I got the card!

Received a letter today saying that we are pleased to inform you that your recent request for a Business credit card has been approved, basically because I agreed to move around credit from other cards.

I thought being so honest about my business would hurt me, but there you go.

I got the 40,000 points offer, but the spend was pretty low. Could I possibly call and ask them to bump it up to 50,000, as others have gotten. :eek::eek::eek: It would take a lot of gin & tonics plus several xanax...

6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Don't think I would risk calling. The 50K bonus requires $5K spending in 3 months. Suggest you take the 40K and run.