Chase Ink Master Card is now VISA..

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by satman40, May 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase is sending me a new card, thinking about just applying for a new VISA, 60k waiting for me...

It will be a new card, so should get the new sign up bonus...

Any thoughts...a mile is not worth what it use to be.,,

Worse could happen, they could just say NO...

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, if you must get a new account, might as well get the bonus too.

3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase is turning ALL of their own (ie, cards that aren't co-branded) cards that are Mastercards into Visas. There's a thread on TOBB in the Chase forum about it.

gconnery likes this.
  4. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    FM posted about this recently as well. Sounds like its sooner rather than later, so if you don't want to lose your ability to get the bonus for the Ink Bold VISA say, and are not prepared to signup for the current VISA (or get turned down as was my case), you might want to think about cancelling your current MC Bold to avoid having them turn it into a VISA and voiding your ability to get the signup bonus. Obviously you want to consider whether you can do without the Ink for a while and the risk that they might not approve you again anyway etc.

5. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or Switch from Bold to Plus or vice versa. Hoping this all holds over until after june...

6. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well I called to cancel the MC and was offered 10K points on $5K spend in 90 days. Normally I'd have taken it but a) I'm not sure how long I've got till the VISA's show up, and b) I'm pretty much maxed out with the 2 x Citi Exec cards I'm currently working on. Oh well, its only 2X. Planning to apply for a VISA perhaps in the fall, maybe 6 months or so after all this churn.

7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did receive the new Ink Bold, was given a bit of a run around, also activated on recorded line, something about traveler checks and cash conversions.

Suspect Chase is covering their bases on MS.

My plan is not to switch the other Ink CC over, and re apply later,

I also have more than one AA EX, and just activated the Arrival card,

My thoughts are much if the MS, is BS by the posters, playing in their minds.

It is a lot of work, and takes a lot of time to MS, at some point it would not be worth the effort.