Chase Ink Bold - They're Fixing a Mistake They Made

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by schnitzel, Jul 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm amazed. Clearly, I was not the only one to complain.

Chase had said that their Ink Bold card got 2x points for travel agents. So I used it for a big travel agent purchase. I never got my 2x points.

I complained and complained and they told me I was wrong and sent me pamphlets and things to show me I was wrong. I had no screenshots (I'm usually really diligent about that, but I didn't have one here) and so I let it be.

Today I just got a letter acknowledging the mistake, and telling me that the points are coming. This was four months ago, so clearly others complained and had better evidence, and Chase decided to do the right thing. Good for them. And for me.

FYI - other categories that should have earned 2x points apparently were gas and hotel. Sounds like they're fixing those also.

lotso-bear and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    How can this be " a good thing " when you need " evidence " to be in the right, it would be a good thing when the company, Chase in this case would keep their promises/offers in the first place without letting their customers pressuring them to do " the right thing ", so IMHO, it's not that good. [ Even when you receive 2x points ]

MX likes this.
  3. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that they didn't intend to make the promise/offer, and there was some internal miscommunication originally. When they fixed it originally, yes, they should have made everyone whole, but it got lost or squashed. But now they are honoring the original terms under which I applied. I'll take it.

uggboy likes this.
  4. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have New Inkbold business card. I looked at my statement and it does not say anything about payment to travel agent. 2X for gas and hotel and 5X for internet, cable, phone and office supply. I need to pay a large amount to a travel agent. I am not sure which card to use. Any ideas.

5. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    A month later . . . no points yet.

6. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase Sapphire Preferred? Worked on a large travel agent purchase for me.

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like you have to Chase after your points. Bad pun fully intended.

merice107 and deant like this.