Chase Ink-5x office supply

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by free67spirit, Mar 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Quick question. Do I physically have to go into OM for my gift cards to receive the 5x or can I just purchase in their online store and by and e gift card. Looking at a big purchase at Lowes-I lied second question why does nobody ever mention Staples-you should 5x there as well, right?

2. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    1) online is fine as long as using the IB or IP cards.
    2) yes, staples is the same. I think a part of it may be regional. Many ppl here and on boarding area have written about staples.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

satman40 likes this.
  3. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for you quick response. New refrigerator and stove needed. Its been a crazy week just had to buy ac/heating unit for the home.

Singapore Flyer and satman40 like this.
  4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do not forget the 10% movers coupons sold on EBAY and delivers via email,
    I use them at HD and Lowes

PS you can used them twice at HD, they can not check the bar code.

LAR account at Lowes will give you 5 % off on all charges and can be paid off withHIGC, Staples is on the other side if town for me, and we have 3 OD near in this city.

I like to go into the stores, to find out about future sales, and I buy some scratch and dents. And some open box items.

Have some rentals so it is a real savings for me.

5. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Staples is a great place to find non-VISA non-MasterCard gift cards. So iTunes/Amazon/Home Improvement/Shell Gas/Chili's/Applebees/etc. Yes 5X works just fine there. The issue some people have with Staples is simply that it isn't a great place to buy VISA or MasterCard gift cards, since they generally don't have anything high value. Now OM and OD used to sell variable load VISA/MC gift cards up to $500 for credit, but lately they don't have anything over $200. But Staples you probably won't even find a $200 card. So it depends what you're looking for. If you're looking to boost your spend via MS then Staples isn't your place. If you just want to get 5X at more places than you otherwise would, Staples is great.

6. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Keep in mind that if you purchase your new appliances w gift cards, you forego the included extended warranties that come with some credit cards.

gconnery likes this.
  7. lgoff

lgoff New Member

Status Points:
    I had a problem with someone taking out a loan on gmail with some credit card information. I made a police report and I was supposed to send the police report to them, but the police told me not to. I sent an email that I was not going to send the police report at the advise of the police and then started getting dunned and turned over to a collection agency. I cancelled everything and started over. I have no idea how it has affected my credit but it was a scarey experience. Be careful with cards and email accounts.