Chase Freedom - Delay in bonus point posting

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by jaw_24, Dec 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone else experience a delay in bonus points (5% categories) posting? It seems that bonus points earned in roughly the last 5 days of my statement don't always post on the statement, and it is possible that points from the previous statement are posting, but it's really hard to find the exact combination of charges that add up.

I was able to track down the delay by watching my Kohl's purchases from last month, which are divided out into the extra-extra 5% category. From this, it is clear that the..."gift" purchases in the last 5 days were not counted (more details on this another time).

However, this same date has multiple dining purchases from last month, and if I include one of them, it adds up.

I send e-mails to Chase, and while they are generally good about responding, I always get the generic "may take 2 statements for points to post" answer.

2. wheat27
    Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I contacted Chase through secure email about the same issue and received the following reply:

jaw_24 likes this.
  3. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, that makes me fell a little better.