Chase Credit Cards Always Share Card Number With Authorized User?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by theBOAT, Jan 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

A search did not turn up anything particularly useful for me, so I'm having to start a new thread. I'm having to start getting into the MS game now, as a job transfer and relocation have caused my travel to drop near zero, and the thought of having to start from scratch in a few years to rebuild my elite credentials is finally getting me over the hump of entry into that game.

Preparing to set up my AP monthly scheme, I realized that all of my various Chase credit card accounts that have my wife as an AU each share a common credit card number across our two cards. Obviously, this is not a good place to be when trying to work through the AP back-and-forth.

Has anyone tried to request a unique credit card number for their authorized users from Chase? If so, was it successful? I don't really want to truthfully explain to them why I need it.

Thankfully, the pair AmEx card products we have each came with unique numbers for each person's card.

Thanks,
    -theBOAT

2. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    The business cards from Chase have different numbers for AU's. A->B->A transactions with AP are not a smart policy regardless of CC numbers.

Wandering Aramean and theBOAT like this.
  3. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Yes, I did notice that our Ink cards were different. I'm trying to generate spend on my Presidential Plus card, which I keep but never use because I have a ton of UA miles and have not needed the flex EQM's in the past. Until now, all non-bonus cat spend goes onto my SPG card or Chase UR points.

However, now that I'm going to need flex EQM's for maintaining *Gold, it is looking more likely I'll have to carry around my UA card, too.

Thanks for the tip on finding a 3rd party for a AP chain. Folks on TOBB haven't seen to run into issues doing A-B-A, but if it's not too much trouble I think you're right, safer is better.

theBOAT

4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The people who work for me has my INK card but with the business name and their name a different number I can see their spend, and it is separated on the statement page.