Chase Continental MC: 2X on Dining, Gas, Office Supply Purchases

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by jaw_24, Aug 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got the new card in the mail today, called to activate, and was surprised to hear that there is a 2 mile/$ earning rate on dining, gas, and office supply :confused: purchases! I cannot find this anywhere in the mailer or on forums, so maybe this is new? Has anyone else listened close enough to the rep when activating to hear this?

I asked the rep to repeat it because it caught me off guard, but I swear this is what I heard. Hadn't planned on spend too much on this card, but may be good to keep around for the random office supply purchase.

2. spesalvi

spesalvi Gold Member

Status Points:
    havnt heard of this yet either, thanks for heads up

3. Bluto
    Original Member

Bluto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just called. The normal earn rate is still 1 mile per dollar. However, you might have a targeted spend promo. I had a simliar promo for a month to get 2 miles per dollar on retail spending.

4. rrgg
    Original Member

rrgg Silver Member

Status Points:
    They offer that on the business card. Is that what you have?

5. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nope, personal with the 50k bonus.

6. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    did you still have the old U.A. card ??or was this your first U A card -- i heard can get the bonus even if have the old u.a. card

7. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This was my first CO or UA affiliated card, so can't answer that.

8. notbgates
    Original Member

notbgates Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have had this 2X miles for dining, gas ,etc on a Chase United Mileage Plus CC (annual fee from day 1) since getting it, but not ever on the Chase OnePass Plus card ( first year free). The Onepass Plus CC is disappearing, but the signup bonus has posted; if the 2X miles benefit remains on the Mileage Plus CC I'm planning on keeping it/using it, even with the annual fee. My understanding is all onepass CCs will be replaced with "upgraded to" a United mileage plus CC at your next annual renewal time.

9. joediver
    Original Member

joediver Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only CO card that shows these earnings is the CO Pres Plus Bus Card....

• Earn two miles per $1 spent on travel purchases* when you use your Presidential PlusSM Card for Business to purchase tickets directly from Continental and on eligible gas, dining and office supply purchases.*