Chase Concrete Preferred Card

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by julielou2, Apr 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. julielou2
    Original Member

julielou2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got mine. What the heck is this made out of? I weighed myself on a scale holding my new Preferred Card and gained 5 pounds!

2. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah it a very sucker. I always like the look of merchants when it is the first time they process one.;)

wrxmom likes this.
  3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It is actually made of metal. When you get rid of it you need to take a saw to it. Scissors will not work.

perryplatypus likes this.
  4. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    I wonder if my heavy duty shredder can do the trick. But then again if breaks my shredder then it will cost me another $50 to $100 to replace it. Regardless I plan on keeping my for a little while.

Mapsmith likes this.
  5. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tin snips should work.

traveler and perryplatypus like this.
  6. julielou2
    Original Member

julielou2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I plan to take my card to the local recycling center when I'm done with it and have it smelted down. I think they'll even give me some money for it...

LETTERBOY and perryplatypus like this.
  7. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    But then you can order a new shredder from one of the on-line shopping malls and get a bunch more miles/points on the new card that you just received during your churn!!!!

:D

perryplatypus and TAHKUCT like this.
  8. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Someone asked me if it was "the Black Card."

(For those who don't have one, it's blue).

perryplatypus likes this.
  9. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unlike many of the experiences reported here, I've never gotten a comment about my CSP card here in New York. A few people have had to turn it over to find the Visa logo on the back but otherwise, completely unimpressed.

I did have a discussion with a counterman in Starbucks who told me that someone had once left an Amex black card there. They called Amex to report the found card and were told to destroy it on the spot. Their response: "Sure. How do you suggest we do that?"

10. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's an awesome card, but let me tell you...it sure gives me tons of problems here in Japan. Not only are they fairly oblivious to the fact that its the 21st century and people like to use credit cards to pay for things, you know, like groceries and gas, but then I hand them this sucker... you'd have thought I showed them a picture of Godzilla, the shock on their face.

I've had to personally go behind the counter and swipe it myself MULTIPLE times, which usually occurs after 5 minutes of standing there watching them swipe it twenty five different ways and being flabbergasted each time.

11. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    This reminds me years ago when the new us $100 bills came out I could not get the banks to convert then into Yen and stores would not take them because they thought they were fake. I would watch then feed the bills through those old bill authenticators over and over again. But if you had the old $100s they would take them in a flash.

alohastephen and LETTERBOY like this.
  12. knvinvest

knvinvest Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the same problem here in the states. I just tell them, "Just swipe it like you normally do" and have the "deer in the headlights" look.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  13. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    The young kids think it's cool, I hear "Wow, this is so cool. It's so heavy."

14. julielou2
    Original Member

julielou2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just at McDonald's...associate gave me this quote of the day, "This is one heavy duty credit card!"

15. jralexander14

jralexander14 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both hubs & I have gotten similar comments. My best friend asked me if it was a Black card when I pulled it out at a bar one time. In her defense it was really dark in there, but it gave me a chuckle!

16. freecia

freecia Active Member

Status Points:
    I just experienced this myself a few times in Japan. I think they look for the mag stripe, since I usually hand it visa logo up to show them it is a credit card and not the other kiosk I saw Japanese people signing. Usually it goes in the wrong way, then the clerk reverses it. Everyone took it, though. Some people were not surprised at all and just swiped one way or the other, until it worked. I did point out the stripe to a few people.

It would probably be practical to make the mag stripe color a little more pronounced. One of my other cards has a silver stripe and that would probably confuse the clerks a bit less.

LETTERBOY and alohastephen like this.
  17. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just put it into a small (child) cup and fill it with house blend drip. Let it sit for 10 minutes.

LarryInNYC likes this.
  18. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The security code on mine, already hard to see in the white space, is coming off. I just recite it to clerks when they start looking for it. I then usually point it out after the transaction processes.

LETTERBOY likes this.