Chase/CO Presidential Plus card - No Fee for First Year

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by PhlyingRPh, Sep 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Chase had a table jobby at one of the IAH clubs I passed through this week where they were offering the Presidential Plus card with the first year's fee waived ($395). Unfortunately an invitation code is required and when I asked the gentleman manning the table if I could take 10 of the invitation packages for my "friends" (at milepoint) he said no, so I don't have any codes for anyone to use at this time.

No mention of bonus miles, so to me the value is in free lounge membership for up to a year so if one's PC/RCC membership expires over the next 9 months or so, there is still some tangible value in getting this card.

2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've received numerous emails with this offer and you are correct, there has not been bonus miles attached to the credit card offer.... just the free lounge membership for the year. Not a bad bonus for those of you out there who are looking to test out or extend the value of lounge membership for free.

3. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    So...they have a rep shilling a free fee CO PP card in a public space but are then denying an invitation code to interested travelers?

Am I missing something 'cuz that don't seem to make much sense?

notbgates likes this.
  4. aussieflyer
    Original Member

aussieflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did this card have a signup bonus recently?
    Best I remember is $99 credit.

5. TravelerMSY

TravelerMSY Silver Member

Status Points:
    I asked nicely for an extra one. No big deal. Got the candy bar too.