Chase Card Lounge Access - (Requires same-day ticketing or no?)

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Ed Chandler, Jun 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey, all, question about the lounge access benefits granted by Chase cards.

Both the Chase United Mileage Plus Club card and the JP Morgan Palladium card list access to United (and, by extension, Star Alliance) clubs as a membership benefit. (Yes, I know, ... no need to tell me about the application "process" for the Palladium card. I know.)

My question is this: Do those lounge-access benefits:
    1. Require same-day ticketing on United/Star Alliance? (as the AMEX Platinum card works for American and Delta lounges), or
    2. Allow me to just show up whenever I like? (as the AMEX Platinum card works for US Airways lounges.)
    Replies from those with experience using the cards for lounge access, or quoted Ts&Cs are obvioiusly preferred over "I think that ..." and "It ought to..." replies.

Thanks in advance. :)

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    With the Club card you're getting a regular United Club membership. So I think (ahem) that the regular United Club membership rules apply, which I believe (*cough*) don't require a same-day ticket on United/*A.

Ed Chandler and perryplatypus like this.
  3. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Nicely done. I think that clarifying that it's a "regular" United Club membership involves incorporating a new set of Ts&Cs, therefore I believe you're still within the spirit of the quesiton. ;)

(I'd still be interested in confirmation from a cardholder who has used a United/Star Alliance lounge while NOT ticketed on United/Star Alliance.)

4. jgrease

jgrease Active Member

Status Points:
    I have the United MP Club Visa card and you get a regular United Club membership card about two weeks after you receive the credit card. Standard UC rules as found on the website apply.

jkchan83 likes this.
  5. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Excellent. Thank you, jgrease.

Anyone have experience with the Palladium card?

6. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Status Points:
    In case anyone is still following this thread, I have the answer.

Chase customer support confirms that the lounge access granted with the JP Morgan Palladium card is also simply a complimentary membership in United's club (identical to what the Chase United MP Club card does).

Thanks, all.