CHase - British Airways VISA New Fees

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by euromannn, Jul 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase just notified me that it will begin charging me $95 annual fee on my BA VISA card which has had
    no fee for 12 years.

I do not recommend Chase Bank for anything as even ATM fees are assessed unless you have $75,000 in your account.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, you misunderstand the BA Visa I got was 12 years and I got 1 ,ile for each dollar pent with NO fee for 12 years.
    Chase changed the original agreement on me and will start this OLDER VISA with fees/

In 2011 BA offered this card with 100k signup but I was ineligible as I already held the card. I got 10,000 points signup in 1990.

Chase is a penalizing people on all accounts and I will no longer do business with this institution.

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    You were lucky if they hadn't been charging you the $75 fee in place on the card for years. You were getting the much-enhanced benefits of the card (1.25 miles per $, no foreign currency transaction fees, companion award after $30k in spend) without paying the annual fee? The benefits of the card changed, but there was a $75 fee in place long before that. You got the card without the fee for many years I'd say that was a great deal.

It's not a crazy unreasonable fee but it may not be worthwhile for you, consider another card then, but I'm not sure why Chase as a whole would be off limits for its decision to no longer give you the card for free when it is fundamentally not the same card you had signed up for 20 years ago?