Chase BA companion tix query

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by philatravelgirl, Nov 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know or have success with Chase to provide an alternative to the BA companion tix at 30k spend? I travel solo and have no use for this so called "benefit"

YULtide likes this.
  2. frank10b

frank10b Silver Member

Status Points:
    also how is this ever a good deal for most people if u have to pay for the first tkt
    and the YQ on both!

3. philatravelgirl

Status Points:
    Sorry should clarify, my query pertains to the points companion ticket -I don't use points for tickets but for upgrades to CW on BA. I have the reward certificates and wondered if anyone has managed Chase to give you miles instead

YULtide likes this.
  4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    There's not an alternative to the companion ticket, it's the really great benefit of the card but if it's not of any use to you then it's probably not the right card for you.

As far as the usefulness... yes, fuel surcharges apply to both passengers and that cuts against the value of the redemption and whether or not it makes sense is often route-by-route and an availability issue, US-Europe often does make sense I think...

5. philatravelgirl

Status Points:
    Thanks for reply! Fly BA CW for business, EC silver so along w/no fx fees is why I use this card just not the companion tix for points option

YULtide likes this.