Chase BA Card Bonus Points Denial

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Alaska907, May 16, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Alaska907

Alaska907 New Member

I applied in March, 2016 for the Chase BA card with it's 50,000 mile bonus after a $2K spend.

The T&C state:
    "This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months."

I previously had this card, first opened June, 2013. I closed it late on 2015.

Chase's T&C state new applicants won't be eligible for the bonus if they currently have the card, I didn't when I applied, or, had received a new card member bonus within the last 24 months, which I hadn't.

I got a post card from Chase telling me I wouldn't receive the bonus as I had the within the last 24 months, which while true isn't one of the conditions for not getting the bonus.

Has anyone faced this before? Any suggestions on how to appeal their decision?

Thanks so much.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Did you actually close the account or downgrade/change it into something else? If you changed the card to a Freedom (For example) Chase might technically think you have the original card... ?

That's the best idea I can come up with.

Was there any contact information on the postcard or maybe you can walk into your Chase branch and ask them to connect you with the correct department?
  3. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Chase sent tons of these postcards out in error. I got one for a Marriott card for which I was eligible for the bonus. In fact, bonus points had already been deposited into my account by time I got the postcard.