Charlotte, N.C. Restaurant Recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by garyst16, Nov 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello MP'ers!

I will be visiting the Charlotte area the first week of December. Having never visited the area, I am looking for any and all recommendations for some good restaurants. I will be staying at the Sheraton CLT, but will be visiting the Charlotte, Kanapolis and Gastonia areas. I am open to most all cuisines so would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks as always to the MP'ers!

Quasiconvexity likes this.
  2. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had a few good meals in Charlotte earlier this Summer - the one that I still remember was at Copper (http://www.copperrestaurant.com/index.html). Worth the drive if you like Indian cuisine (it was a 10 min drive from the Westin).

3. iamapirate

iamapirate Active Member

Status Points:
    Mert's Heart and Soul is a good choice. It's uptown, 5th and college. It's a good southern/soulfood place.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/merts-heart-and-soul-charlotte

Check out the plaza midwood area too. Central Ave. between Hawthorne and Plaza. Pretty cool area and a bunch of good options to eat.

garyst16 likes this.
  4. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    garyst16 likes this.
  5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Liked Merts, however the dessert wasn't good at all, peach cobbler was all cobbler with very little amount of peaches. Dinner entree, smothered pork chops, greens and mac'n'cheese was pretty darn good though.

garyst16 likes this.
  6. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Try Bill Spoons BBQ; I used to go there at least once a month when I lived in Charlotte. Try the pulled pork, cole slaw, hush puppies, & sweet tea, followed by the banana pudding. Absolutely fantastic! Place has been around since 1963, they cook the whole pig, everything is homemade, even the tea. I miss this place. Might have to include Charlotte in a future mileage run in order to grab some!

5524 South Boulevard, Charlotte, NC
    (704) 525-8865

garyst16 likes this.