Charleston is voted 'top city in the world' but tourists do not see darker side, say activists

Discussion in 'Newsstand' started by uggboy, Jul 7, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Charleston is voted 'top city in the world' but tourists do not see darker side, say activists

B1BomberVB likes this.
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice city but the "top city in the world" ??? :rolleyes: Not even close to being the top in the SE

I spent a few days there in Oct 2015 and the place gave me an un-explained felling of unease. From my point of view the city hasn't come to terms with its well documented past.

The tour guide on one tour told the group that the Slave Market was not where slaves were sold but a market where slaves sold their produce. ... right .. slaves were free sell all kinds of stuff :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems like they bury their past, but don't find solutions to problems of today either. As awards goes, makes for some good Ad's I guess...as long the tourists...eh $$$$ come into town...you know how this goes and who will profit from this.

satman40 and newbluesea like this.
  4. adamefimoff2

adamefimoff2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Paris is top for me

satman40 and uggboy like this.
  5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    America was built with slave labor, and not all of them were black.

Many Asians and countries came to this country in search of a better life, any work, very few were treated decent,

Most slaves came to this country because they were sold by their fellow countrymen .

this was over 200 yeas ago,

Paris, well they do drive like they are crazy, but the city is a great place to visit..

newbluesea and uggboy like this.