Charities that simply feed people without Jesus or other Savior or Prophet Proselytizing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Aug 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am curious if there are any out there? I don't mind people having their own religion. I do mind feeding people with no religion, or a different religion, having to hear how to "bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God" along with their food. I don't mind a religious organization simply feeding and clothing people. I used to give bags and bags of clothes to one where I knew they would simply go on the backs of people who were cold.

So, where can one donate to stamp out hunger (where most of the $ goes for food) that doesn't come with proselytizing? Is there such a place?

miles and smiles likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe foodshelf type operations are less likely to serve religion than the places that prepare and serve a sit-down meal, where people are sort of held hostage as they eat?

miles and smiles likes this.
  3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are food banks all over the country that provide food for local food providers. Through them you can find all kinds of local food providers. I usually just donate to my local food bank.

One place to look is here:
    http://feedingamerica.org/foodbank-results.aspx