Charities that simply feed people without Jesus or other Savior or Prophet Proselytizing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am curious if there are any out there? I don't mind people having their own religion. I do mind feeding people with no religion, or a different religion, having to hear how to "bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God" along with their food. I don't mind a religious organization simply feeding and clothing people. I used to give bags and bags of clothes to one where I knew they would simply go on the backs of people who were cold.

So, where can one donate to stamp out hunger (where most of the $ goes for food) that doesn't come with proselytizing? Is there such a place?

miles and smiles likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe foodshelf type operations are less likely to serve religion than the places that prepare and serve a sit-down meal, where people are sort of held hostage as they eat?

miles and smiles likes this.
  3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are food banks all over the country that provide food for local food providers. Through them you can find all kinds of local food providers. I usually just donate to my local food bank.

One place to look is here:
    http://feedingamerica.org/foodbank-results.aspx