Chaos at ARN today, hillarious boarding....

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by joemume, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. joemume
    Original Member

joemume Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...Just wanted to share today's situation at ARN.

Came in on a delayed domestic SAS flight to ARN around 10 AM and the situation was really chaotic down at the Service Center, at least 100 people in line waiting. The situation remained the same all day with tons of flights cancelled. My return flight to UME was cancelled as well and I ended up on standby on the 14.50 return. Came back from the lounge about 20 minutes before takeoff to follow up on the standby.
    Still no ground services personnel in the gate. The departure time passed and still no SAS Ground crew. The had forgot about our departure....

Eventually the pilot came up from the airplane and asked the passengers why no one was boarding? [​IMG]
    He then realized the situation and managed to get ground crew in place fairly quickly.

I must admit it was kind of hilarious seeing the bewildered face of the captain when he realized that no one was manning the gate.. [​IMG]
    We ended up a good hour late compared to initial departure time, after a full day of waiting for many pax, and I think that many others have had similar stories at ARN today - complete and utter chaos as the snow storm finally settled.

Found good use for my EBG card today as well, was first on a standby list of 36 pax (initial placement was 15)!

AndersFT likes this.
  2. torbster
    Original Member

torbster Silver Member

Status Points:
    haha, thanks for sharing!
    for sure those are the situations where it's espescially nice to have gold in your pocket ;)

cockpitvisit likes this.
  3. RCyyz
    Original Member

RCyyz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, good thing the pilot came out to check. He could have been a meanie and left without those pesky pax! Think of all the fuel he would have saved! :p

4. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am glad it wasn't me