Changing The Billed CC To SPG Amex

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by EyeOnTheSkies, Mar 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. EyeOnTheSkies

EyeOnTheSkies Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got my SPG Amex in January and was thinking, hey why not change the credit card used for my stays in December to the SPG Amex since the other card had a vastly inferior rewards set up. However, when I spoke with someone at SPG I was told I wouldn't get the points for this. I couldn't tell if that's the extra point or all points. Obviously, I don't want to raise any flags with account integrity, but since Amex gets their percentage, I don't see why I shouldn't get my points.

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wait ... so you stayed in DEC, but got your SPG amex in Jan & you want to retroactively change the card used the pay for it? HUH?!?

3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your SPG Amex wasn't valid in December and the other CC statement will have closed by now anyway, much less the hotel's books. Nowhere near possible or even reasonable. Without the card in December you didn't "lose" any points because you weren't eligible to earn them.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

4. EyeOnTheSkies

EyeOnTheSkies Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hotels do have the ability to reverse and re-charge. That's what this would be, presumably. I would get a credit on my Visa/MC and a charge on my Amex.

5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    So why didnt you just get the card in December and not waste everbody else's time?:rolleyes:

More to the point exactly where how far do you want/expect/hope to go with this? June? Dec 2010??

edekba likes this.
  6. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the next fiscal year? And better, why?

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

7. freebird

freebird Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let it go.

8. ptahcha

ptahcha Silver Member

Status Points:
    You could ask each of the hotel's accounting department to process the refund and recharge, but most likely you would be told to pound sand.