Changing Return City on Avios Partner Multi City Award After Depature?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by ballardFlyer, Sep 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I know avios tickets cant be changed or canceled within 24 hrs of departure. What about the return flight? I've got a multi-city partner award on AS.

Can I change my return seg to depart from a different city in the same mileage zone as long as the return flight is more than 24 hrs from now (fees aside)?

Thanks in advance!

2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    BA is really funny about changing origins and destinations, at least on BA metal. I don't know the rules on AS, though.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    BA rules should apply to award tickets booked with their "miles" regardless of the airline being flown.

ballardFlyer likes this.
  4. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    In that case, they allow no origin or destination changes. Not even, I might add, in the case of a lost passport and having to transit to get a new one (as happened to my husband).

5. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just to follow up with an answer to my question, I was able to change my Avios award ticket return flight to a different city. The award is all on AS metal so it seems the rules are more flexible now days. I just paid the $65/person fee that they charge for any AS ticket change (which are all over the phone).

desamo likes this.