Changing Global Entry interview date/location

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by adambadam, Aug 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got conditionally approved for GE, though at my local airport the earliest I can get in for an interview is late October. If I schedule an interview then, can I later change it if i am traveling and I know I will be at another airport with earlier availability? Does space ever open up if people cancel?

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    My recollection is that it is looked easy to change schedules, although I did not need to do so.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you can change your appointment date, and, occasionally, appointment slots do open up but it is tough to know when that happens. The only way I know of is for you to keep checking by going to your GOES account and requesting to change to another slot. When I was approved for NEXUS, which uses the same procedure, I'd called to see if I could be alerted when a slot earlier than the one that I had selected opened up, but was told categorically that they could not do that...

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone want to give me odds that if I show up to the GE office in EWR tomorrow they will just take me in the morning as I connect?

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. Sunshine7

Sunshine7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I arrived about 30 minutes early for my appointment at SFO. They took me, no problem, but this was late morning on a weekday. Weekends may be more in demand.

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep no go. Oh well. Only two more months to wait.

Sunshine7 and jbcarioca like this.