Changing Credit Card Info After Stay

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by arshavin, Dec 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. arshavin

arshavin Silver Member

Status Points:
    I returned from my family vacation in Disney. I stayed at Marriott for five nights. However silly me, I forgot to carry the Chase Marriott card with me. I paid for it using the Amex Gold Rewards CC. I was wondering if I could change the CC from Amex to Marriott so that I earn more points.

2. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems unlikely, but hey, give them a call. You never know if you don't try. They may be willing to reverse the charges on the old card and use the new one instead. Don't know.

3. julielou2
    Original Member

julielou2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would be very surprised if they did that after finalizing the transaction. Re-ringing transactions without the actual credit card present becomes a risky transaction for the hotel. I don't think they would be willing to subject themselves to a potential chargeback on if you decide to dispute the transaction on the second credit card.

4. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have done it once before - when it was the hotel error (they did not used the credit card given on check-in, but the one used for the reservation). I left very early in the morning and did not notice it.

It was an extreme hassle though - with sending copies of ID, credit cards etc.' and still took two weeks.

I would never bother to do it again - just verify my statements upon check out.

5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Echo the experiences above. NOW, if this Coin project gets off the ground it may change forever the card/cards we will carry around. I haven't looked yet for restrictions but imagine what they will say when you try pre-loading 37 various credit cards into that single card. (and yes I'm referring to those readers of the FrequentMiler blog!)

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have asked for this once, and it was no problem at all. I had used my personal credit card to reserve the room and forgotten to change it upon checkin. Since it would be a violation of our corp. travel policy, I called them after the stay and they had no problems refunding and recharging. Was an SPG property in Kansas City, I believe.

7. arshavin

arshavin Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried, no go. I feel bummed because of my forgetfulness.