Changing Club Carlson Reservations made with Last Night Free Promo are Pricey

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Good morning everyone, I have a confession. I am not perfect. I make (plenty of) mistakes. Let me explain. I was trying to help my parents and utilize the Club Carlson Last Night Free promo before it expired on June 1. I mistakenly booked 2 2-night reservations for the wrong month. I meant to book hotels in July, but for some reason, I made the reservations for June. I meant to book 2 nights at the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel in Stockholm, Sweden. During the Last Night Free promo, I could get 2 nights for only 50,000 Club Carlson Points total. When I called the Club Carlson Member Services Desk (1-888-288-8889), the rep said it was not possible to change the reservation without paying the difference in points. The new reservation for 2 nights would be 140,000 Club Carlson Points total, an increase of *only* 90,000 Club Carlson Points. Since I did not have enough Club Carlson Points (or want to pay an additional 90,000 Club Carlson Points), I decided to cancel the reservation and get back the original 50,000 Club Carlson Points.

Continue reading...