Changing Aeroplan Award Reservations

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by LONDJC, Aug 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LONDJC
    Original Member

LONDJC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

A couple of quick queries regarding a award reservation at I was due to use next week but that I am now very likely going to have to postpone because of work.

The award was all on UA metal in J and I am just wondering whether I need to have new dates for travel when I call Aeroplan to postpone this trip. At the moment, I just don't know when I will be able to go and while I can always pluck some dates out of the sky for the time being (it was a multi leg journey), it would also be nice to avoid having to pay the change fee twice once I know my schedule and can say with certainty when I can use the ticket. Is it possible to cancel a booking and have it held in abeyance (acknowledging that I am within the 22 day window to simply rebank the miles).

Thanks in advance,

David

2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey David ...

Below are the T&C for reward flights ...

Link

I do not think it makes any difference what metal it is on - the AE rules apply as below ...
    I think #41 applies to you - you can cancel and rebook up to 1 year from "original booking date" and pay a fee at time of rebooking (and any applicable miles needed at that time if changed). I have done this in the past

8-14-2012 9-11-48 AM.jpg