Changing AA Flight Times

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by y2kdread, Jun 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. y2kdread
    Original Member

y2kdread Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,

I recently booked a trip from DFW --> LAS using some of my Thank You points and I was wondering if it is possible to get AA to change the times (not dates) of those flights? I just want to get some better departure times if that is possible.

One leg of the trip is marked as a Q fare and the other is marked as a S fare.

Thanks!

2. sparxe
    Original Member

sparxe Silver Member

Status Points:
    https://www.thankyou.com/helpTopic.jspx?itemId=10012&topic=Travel+Rewards#10280

A few questions up it also says one change is allowed by the ThankYou Service Center, but you would still have to pay AA change fees.

3. y2kdread
    Original Member

y2kdread Active Member

Status Points:
    I guess what I really am asking is if it is possible to change my flight to something I couldn't pick from the ThankYou service without having to pay.

Thanks!

4. If you're AA elite, you can fly standby on another AA flight on the same day. If you're not elite, you will have to pay $50 to fly standby on the same day, subject to availability. You cannot change your flight time before the day of departure without paying a hefty fee.

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    He/she can if their fare says it's an option. ;)

6. y2kdread
    Original Member

y2kdread Active Member

Status Points:
    How can one figure out which fares allow you to wait for an early flight on standby?

7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Not standby, but change your time. Your fare should have a section in it's T&C about the types of changes allowed and cost. If you have a S/Q fare though, you're probably not gonna be changing without forking over some cash. Those are discount fares and typically have fees to attached.