Changing 1 way award ?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by finite7777, Oct 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. finite7777

finite7777 Member

Status Points:
    I am flying SDF-ORD-ICN-REP, my girlfriend SFO-ICN-REP on 1-way business award tickets booked on Continental (flying on Asiana). We were meeting in ICN to travel together to REP.
    As a surprise, I would like to go on the same flight from SFO as her. I have an ulterior motive as well, I just realized my seats will suck from ORD and the good seats are on flights from SFO.
    Any of you experts know of a way I can get to SFO or do a 1 way open jaw (lol) without incurring the change charge (I have no status)? I dont mind booking a separate flight to SFO that morning on Delta (for miles) as I have to fly home SFO-SDF anyway and Delta has no 1 way awards.
    TIA

2. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    change fee it is, unless UA changes your flights on you.

3. finite7777

finite7777 Member

Status Points:
    Is there a way to book SDF-SFO-REP?

4. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    if you don't plan on flying the route you have booked SDF-ORD-ICN, then you won't have access to board your ICN-REP flight. You can probably book an SDF-SFO-ICN-REP flight, but you'll either need to pay the change fee, or buy a whole other ticket.

If you don't have status with UA/CO, then in order to change anything, you usually need to pay the fee.

5. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    My only thought is, would a SDC be possible for a lower fee than an award change fee over the phone? I think the difference is something like $100. Or do SDCs not apply to award tickets?

6. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. finite7777

finite7777 Member

Status Points:
  8. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    whoa - we're just trying to help you. In this case, it was a case of me understanding your post, but not reading the website in whole.

Plus, the page that I posted also only refers to same routing only.

I still maintain that you'll need to pay the change fee, but if someone can think of a reason not, please post away...

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    When is the date of travel? If it is more than 21 days out there is no fee to change so long as you still start in SDF and end in REP since you booked via CO. If they cannot confirm the necessary award seats for the change you can also waitlist them. Just call in.

10. finite7777

finite7777 Member

Status Points:
    Thanks wandering man