Changes to earnings on some Air Canada flights

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by canucklehead, Sep 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    United has amended their earnings for some flights.

The Good
    J,C,D fares now earn 175% base miles, up from 125%
    Z fares now earn 150% base miles, up from 125%
    Y, B fares now earn 125% base miles, up from 100%

The Bad
    Tango fares (K, N, G, P, E, A) within Canada, between Canada and the U.S./Central America/ Mexico/Caribbean earn 25% (min 125 miles) base miles and PQM, down from 100%. These fares earn 0 PQS.

Presumably outside these areas earn 100% and 1PQS per flight (there is no notation in the chart).

YULtide likes this.
  2. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm all for bigger spenders getting more EQM and RDM.

It's just sad that, once again, another devaluation comes in Star Alliance. Only in this "free market" do you get less credit than what you actually fly.

skyvan likes this.
  3. All airlines will eventually reward based solely on spend. They haven't made money for years and its now a sellers market for them so be prepared to pay more and get less. When AA and USAIR finally merge you will see that happen pretty quickly.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually those flights which now earn 25% used to earn nil. This is an upgrade on those fares, not a downgrade. You have to read the ** fine print on the old chart.

ACearningOld.JPG

5. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Y(A)MMV on this part. I do know the null credit for Tango fares before (so, yes, that is a plus).

I placed it in the bad category for the expansion to K, and beyond Canada/US flights to Central America/ Mexico/Caribbean. Moreover, esp TB routes, the Tango fares (previously N, G, P, E, A but now K, N, G, P, E, A) were more rare. Those in Canada on Tango....well as a few MPers have convo'd me, friends don't let friends fly Tango! ;)

milchap likes this.