Changed itinerary means changed zone?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by bhbrns1, Mar 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. bhbrns1

bhbrns1 Active Member

Status Points:
    Any thoughts on this: I booked a work itinerary with several first class seats and several coach tickets, resulting in all tickets being tagged as sky priority. Original itinerary was DCA-ATL-BNA/BNA-ATL-TPA/TPA-ATL-DCA. I had a change last minute and went to the ticketing agent at DCA before my first flight and they change the BNA legs to for me to DCA-ATL-DCA/DCA-ATL-TPA/TPA-ATL-DCA. The only first class seat left in the itinerary was the first DCA-ATL segment, which ticketed as sky priority. The rest of the segments were ticketed at my typical Zone 1 (FO). Any thoughts on whether this was right or should I call? ATL sky club isn't facile with "zones."

2. AMPfromBNA

AMPfromBNA Silver Member

Status Points:
    When the ticketed it the first time, did all of the segments show the same ticket number? If so, that might be why all segments were SP. When they reticketed, they may have broken them up into separate tickets.

If you are not seated in at least on first class seat segment DCA-ATL-TPA, or TPA-ATL-DCA, then I would think you are ticketed correctly.

Honestly though... in my experience... Zone 1 is called exactly 8 seconds after first class anyways, so this is a really minor downgrade in boarding priority.

USAF_Pride likes this.
  3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget zone sky. Not a big deal, but much more than 8 sec.

4. bhbrns1

bhbrns1 Active Member

Status Points:
    That was the rub. No sky priority boarding or security line.