Change to Oneworld Elite Access to Admirals Club on U.S. Domestic Itineraries?

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by DestinationDavid, Jul 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    News is making the rounds all over the web that the OW website was updated to say the following:

American Airlines AAdvantage® members and oneworld top tier status holders, regardless of their tier status, cannot access lounges when travelling solely on North American itineraries within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean.

This would be a change from the previous policy which allowed oneworld top tier elites to access Admirals Clubs on solely domestic itinieraries.

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow. That is a material change...and puts ow off market compared to ST and *A.

3. lightangel

lightangel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess that means purchased club membership. I hope they don't give *A or ST any ideas...

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Does this updated policy actually differ from what ST currently offers? I remember reading that ST lounge access for elites was only for international flights and the ST website seems to confirm. Do they allow ST elites on domestic itineraries in the US use DL lounges? I don't know DL or ST well. At all.

SkyTeam Elite Plus members, regardless of their travel class, are allowed access to a SkyTeam lounge at a particular airport if traveling on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline. Simply present your same-day ticket for an international SkyTeam airline flight and a valid Elite Plus membership card. LINK.

5. Franklybrit

Franklybrit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Miles from Blighty is reporting that AA aren't aware of any change, so here's hoping it's just a mistake....

6. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL/ST Elites cannot use the lounges on domestic-only itineraries, even why flying in F/J. The only domestic route marketed for lounge access when in "J" are the JFK-SFO/LAX routes, which are marketed as BusinessElite.

7. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That's what I thought. Thanks for your DL/ST expertise. ;)

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    AA has confirmed on Twitter that the policy change is a mistake and that non-AA oneworld elites still have lounge access at the Admirals Club regardless of itinerary. They've asked OW to change the policy on their website. ;lajsdf;lak.JPG

JALPak and rwoman like this.
  9. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    The oneworld website has been corrected

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/

Screen Shot 2012-07-28 at 2.02.03 AM.png

DestinationDavid likes this.