Change of Business Class Meal Service and FULL A La Carte Menu Coming to LAX

Discussion in 'JAL | Mileage Bank' started by JALPak, Sep 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    FINALLY!!!!! Starting in September, NRT-LAX is getting the FULL a la carte menu! On BOTH LAX-NRT and NRT-LAX! It's about time :) But that also means the elimination of the second meal serving.

On the other hand, the Japanese main meal option has been downgraded :( Now the longhaul business class only has 9 small dishes without the entree just like those on the HND-SFO/CDG flights. That eliminates option A and B for Japanese meal too since there's no more entree.

No change on the western option on long haul flights though. Below are the pictures for comparison.

Current
    Long Haul Business Class Fall Menu (Japanese Option)

jcSPJSC.jpg

BEFORE
    Long Haul Business Class Spring Menu (Japanese Option A)
    jc305JSD.jpg

For short haul services, the business class meal presentation on ex-Japan flights will change also. It will be more similar to those served on SE Asia medium haul flights JAL introduced last March. Below are pictures for comparison

NRT-HKG Fall Menu
    Western Option A
    tcCHS09.jpg

Japanese Option
    tcCHJ09.jpg

BEFORE
    NRT-HKG Summer Menu

Western Option A
    tcGUM08.jpg

Japanese Option
    tcCHJ08.jpg

All pictures are official meal pictures from JAL website. More details on a la carte menu available on my blog: http://jal-pak.blogspot.com/2011/09/jal-updates-business-class-meal-service.html

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amazing presentation and service, thanks for sharing incredible // edible photos with us! Excellent insights on MP!:)

3. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Those are the official pictures from JAL website :p

uggboy likes this.
  4. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    And here I always pan them for not making the food look even better (which I know they can do)!

JALPak likes this.
  5. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    So can you have more food if you like?

JALPak likes this.
  6. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yea but how much could you eat? :p I want the curry, pasta, takoyaki, udon, ramen, Air Mos Burger, beef stew, Japanese beef burger...i doubt I am going to get any sleep on this flight lol

Hopefully Air Mos Burger will be there for a while...it is a limited time offer in Economy, so not sure if they will keep that in C till Dec :(

7. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    that aside, do you actually prefer to new long haul Japanese option over the previous one?

8. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    The western options remain not appealing (at least in the photo), the Japanese has a nice new box. Will the customers miss the main though, that remains to be seen ! If the bento had 12 selections then it would be no difference.....

JALPak likes this.
  9. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    The long haul western meal or the short haul one? Instead of 9 they should make it 12 or 16, it would have been a more fair trade that way :p

QSG likes this.
  10. QSG
    Original Member

QSG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Both ! Actually the Japanese meals although they look small, can be quite filling ! But it looks like a cut to me....they might be hoping that the pax don't order too many snacks!:p

JALPak likes this.
  11. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    i usually go for the steak as I don't really like those Japanese side dishes :p it could be quite filling too...now i need to try not to eat too much on the ground so i can try out more from the a la carte menu....

or they figured those people will just order like there's no tomorrow either way, might as well save something and not give them the main lol