"Change Flight" option missing; interesting SDC options

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TravelerRob, Dec 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tomorrow I have a SEA-ORD flight booked as a r/t, non-stop flights both ways. I was out and about today when check-in opened so I used my United mobile app to check flights. The "Change Flight" button appeared. Low & behold it offers me a plethora of flight options including SEA-ORD, SEA-EWR/IAD/IAH/DEN/SFO-ORD. Yes, I can SDC to *any* hub to get back to ORD, including the east coast hubs. I was rather surprised by that.

Having not checked in I came home and loaded united.com. Trying to check-in there offers no "Change Flight" option. Back on the mobile app and all of these options listed above are still open.

Any idea why the SDC button would be missing from United.com but available via the Mobile app?

I only wish I had the time tomorrow to fly all day because I would definitely take a SEA-IAD/EWR-ORD flight. But I'm confirmed in first on SEA-ORD and I've got meetings in the morning I can't miss.

-Rob

LIH Prem likes this.
  2. Itrvl

Itrvl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a "similar yet different" experience with the Mobile App. I found a good fare on the Mobile App from COS-DEN-SFO-GEG, but no matter how I tried, I couldn't recreate that fare on United.com. I ended up booking it through the Mobile App.

3. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I figured out the "Change Flight" option button not appearing!

If you enter your MP# on the United.com home page when you first land on it then no "Change Flight" option button appears. However, if you open your itinerary first, which forces you to login with your password, then click the "Check In" button the "Change Flight" option appears during OLCI.

United - please fix this. There's no reason to have different OLCI behavior.

Thanks,
    Rob

Flyer1976 likes this.
  4. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    On the moble appyou select your res and it gives you a new screen, view res/change fligh/flight op/ect..