Challenge Question

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by BenjaminNYC, Feb 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I know I should know this, but I want to be sure. I'm doing the Platinum Challenge. I signed up January 14. So, this means I have until March 31 to earn 10,000 EQP(oints). And I get 1.5 Points per mile on any of the following fare classes:

F A P J D I Y B

So a transcon of about 2500 miles in any of the above paid classes on AA *metal* would earn me about 7500 EQP, 75% of the way to complete the challenge?

Do I have it right?

Thanks,
    BJ

zpaul likes this.
  2. Zantaine
    Original Member

Zantaine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, everything you stated above looks right on the money. :)

zpaul likes this.
  3. Gardyloo
    Original Member

Gardyloo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or an AA code on a partner, e.g. AS.

zpaul likes this.
  4. miamigrad
    Original Member

miamigrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    The math seems correct. I would note a few things for reference regarding challenges:
    - For challenges, only AA-coded flights count (may be operated by another carrier, as long as marketed as AA flight, with AA flight number)
    - Challenges may begin on the 1st or 16th of a month. You then have 3 months to complete the challenge.

zpaul likes this.
  5. Sorry, it will be AA code and metal. I started Jan 14, but I chose Jan 1 as the date, to include my flights that day.

zpaul likes this.
  6. Chris H
    Original Member

Chris H Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just to be clear (before someone gets the wrong idea) we're talking about 7500 roundtrip. [​IMG]

zpaul likes this.
  7. Right, yeah, RT.

zpaul likes this.
  8. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since we are talking about a past flight, for anybody else reading this it should be noted that they should sign up for the challenge prior to the flight posting to their account.

For you, I'm guessing that you haven't taken the proposed flight yet, but have other flights between January 14th and today that you wanted to include, so that is why you started the challenge as of January 1.

zpaul likes this.