Centurion Service

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by Steven Schwartz, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are planning a Baltic cruise on Silversea for the summer of 2012. Trip goes from Copenhagen to Stockholm with two nights in St Petersburg. Then found they have a cruise two weeks earlier that goes from St Petersburg to Copenhagen (with a stop in Stockholm). It seemed that if we did that one, we could fly to Moscow, do 3 days there and then travel to St Petersburg and join the cruise.

Only issue was my concern about doing Moscow without a tour - we will have points for hotels but wanted info about guided tours or even a private guide. Called AMEX Centurion Concierge. Explained the situation. They were certainly nice and said they would get back to me with a day. Day later, I got an email that it would be a few more days. Still waiting.

On a whim, I called the Visa Signature Concierge from my British Airways Visa. Not only was she all over it, I got the info I needed within four hours. Very impressed with Visa and still waiting to hear from AMEX. And AMEX is 30 times as expensive as the Visa!

2. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Okay - here's the update in case anyone is interested. Visa will arrange for a 3 day private tour of Moscow. Won't be picked up at airport but rather from hotel. Cost, total for the two of us, for the three days is $663.00

Amex wrote a plan for 6 days. Includes airport pick-up and two train tickets to St Petersburg. Three days private guide in Moscow and three in St Petersburg. Ready? $18,000! Speechless. They said it has to include a hotel in at least one city for that tour operator, even tho I specified I would be using points for hotels in both cities.

mht_flyer likes this.
  3. jammanxc
    Original Member

jammanxc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing your Centurion experience.. the CTS can be a crapshoot, but you should call CTS again and try a different rep. It's like playing Customer service rep roulette