Centurion Card - How can we add value ?

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by aexpcenturion2017, Jan 20, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. aexpcenturion2017

aexpcenturion2017 New Member

Status Points:
    Calling all American Express Centurion card holders and supplementary card holders. I am a Centurion Card Relationship/Personal Manager and I am conducting some market research in to what my clients want out of their Amex Card.

I would like your advice and feedback on the following areas. This is not a question of the annual fee.

Apart from the current table of Centurion benefits, (hotels / flights/ car hire / restaurants etc) What additional benefits would add value to your yearly fee?

Out of the current benefits we offer, which one would you say was added the most and least value. Please say how we could enhance the least and even enhance the most beneficial.

What would drive value for money?

Which benefit do you use the most?

How could I as a Relationship Manager improve the service I deliver to you?

Thank you for replying and I look forward to readi

iolaire likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As one who has had the Centurion Card almost since inception, I can state that the benefits have dropped quite a bit since I first received the card. We originally had Hyatt diamond and Starwood platinum as perks and those were taken away. Delta lounge now is only for the card member and not any other family members.We used to receive a few gift cards to use at various merchants, and that is now a rare occurrence. I have been pleased with the level of customer service, especially regarding problems with purchases, but the travel department is somewhat lacking. The lounges were a welcome addition, but there really should be a separate Centurion card area as there is in Buenos Aires. The gentleman that is usually there when we are is absolutely fantastic in his job. Since you starting allowing platinum members in, the lounges are packed. Another issue in the lounges is limiting Centurion members to only one glass of the special drink. I can't imagine it would kill the bottom line to allow a second drink if the member wishes one. Paying $5,000.00 per year for the wife and I to have the card is not chump change and the revenue generated by our spend is quite profitable for AMEX. My original reason for getting the card was for the travel benefits and I think anything that can be done to add to those benefits such as additional partners and better enhanced benefits would be a very welcome addition. I also believe that there should be better protections for travelers when it comes to delays and complications during travel. There are many cards out there that offer much better benefits. I do have to compliment you on the insurance protection for loss or damage. That has been an excellent service offered by AMEX. I had to acquire the business platinum card for the benefit of 50% of membership rewards returned when using for ticketing, and that really should be added to the Centurion card instead of the present 20%.

iolaire likes this.
  3. DrPhil

DrPhil Active Member

Status Points:
    AMEX Centurion
    As a Canadian cardholder I have enjoyed the many travel benefits of the Black Card. Most valued for me is Fairmont Presidents Club platinum membership. The Fairmont membership is amazing. Appreciate the Delta Gold Medallion and Hilton Diamond status. Have used the Hilton perks a lot. Very disappointed that there is no membership status with Air Canada. The lounge benefit is good but would trade that in a heartbeat for Elite status with Aeroplan. At least 50K or 75K status would make the Centurion card more valuable to Canadians.

Sent from my iPhone using InsideFlyer mobile app

4. sircaralot

sircaralot New Member

Status Points:
    Amex Centurion,

I have has your "Black Card" now for quite some time, and to be honest it sucks.

When I qualified for it the initiation fee was $5000 and cost $2500 a year. for that you got status on quite a few airlines, US Air, Copa, Continental, Delta and for that alone it was worth the price of admission. Now the only real value is Delta since you can still score some domestic upgrades. The hotel status are nice, but half the time or more dont get you so much as a free bottle of water, and the fine hotels and resorts get you a room looking at a wall "upgrade" instead of a room looking at a roof air conditioner.

Sure you send me very nice black envelopes with nice property's or amenities that dont appeal to me, and your customer service is great but the one time I actually tried to use the Global Assist it was useless since the insurance company that is used by AMEX looked for every reason to not pay, and at the end did not pay.

So while it used to be an impressive card I am teetering on canceling when its time to renew since my Chase cards do just as much for 1/5 of the price.