Central Mountain Air (9M)

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | North America' started by mevlannen, Oct 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Oh, the joys of living in rural British Columbia, and using a low-traffic airport!

Oh, the horrors of high travel costs and interlining hiccoughs when connecting to mainline carriers in Vancouver!

Central Mountain Air (9M) is my lifeline to the bright lights of Vancouver, and to further-afield places such as Shanghai, London and Boston. I've started this thread for the 'enjoyment' of those of us who use Central Mountain, for joy or for horror.

My joy derives mainly from Central Mountain's excellent front-line and flight staff. They exhibit a consistently-pleasant attitude to their customers, and an obvious attention to safety.

My horror derives mainly from the mutually-bumpy 'alliance' between Central Mountain and its code-share partner, Air Canada. A small thing, perhaps, but it would matter to those of us whose frequent business travel starts and ends with Central Mountain: as of October 2011, Air Canada code-share segments flown on Central Mountain no longer qualify for Aeroplan status miles, nor for flight segments. As said before, a small thing, but it rankles.

What say you all?