Celebrity Captains Club

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by Zomby Woof, Nov 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Celebrity just changed their loyalty program from earning status based on number of cruises taken (regardless of length) to a point based system where points are earned based on cruise length and type of cabin booked. The purpose is to reward people who spend more money on the cruise booking. This works for the most part because longer cruises are typically more expensive and higher cabin types are definitely more expensive for a particular cruise. They probably should have added a shipboard spend component to earn points also. Holland America gives extra cruise credits for each $300 of shipboard spend.

[​IMG]

Stateroom Category Club Points Earned per Night
    Inside/Ocean View 2
    Veranda 3
    Concierge Class/AquaClass® 5
    Sky, Century or AquaClass Suite 8
    Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite 12
    Reflection or Penthouse Suite 18

There will still be ways for people to earn more points than others for the same cruise price paid. For example, a 16 day repositioning cruise in Concierge class vs. an inside/ocean view on a 16 day summer European cruise. That would be 80 vs 32 points earned!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    iolaire likes this.
  2. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,
    You had to know a change was gonna come to Celebrity's Captain's Club...look at sister co Royal Caribbean.....five or six tiers as compared to 3 that was Captains Club.
    It's all about the spend!
    If I'm in the top two tiers, I think I"ve spent alot of time and$ on this companies products and deserve to have my shiny hiney smooched! Don't you?
    The top rewards are pretty awesome on a ship in my opinion!
    George

ralfkrippner likes this.
  3. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think the new top tiers Elite+ and Zenith are aspirational tiers to achieve. You need more than double the points to achieve Elite+ (750 points) as achieving Elite (300 points) but the extra benefits are nothing special. Even more so with Zenith which requires 4 times as many points as Elite+. Holland America added a 5th tier which requires 2.5 times as many cruise days as the 4th tier but the extra benefits don't seem to align with what it takes to reach that tier. Seems like Celebrity and Holland added these tiers to throw a bone to those who have already cruised extensively with those cruise lines.

ralfkrippner likes this.
  4. ralfkrippner
    Original Member

ralfkrippner Silver Member

Status Points:
    It seems the program is very succesful. The number of ZENIT members is steadily rising, even as this status is extremely hard to achive at 3.000 points which equals 1.000 nights in a Veranda cabin! I've heard from a Michaels club concierge that there are usually between 2-5 ZENIT members aboard on any cruise on one of the Solstice class ships, which I find amazing. Also the benefit of free beverage package, free laundry and free internet is really good.

I will probably never be able to reach this status as the gap between Elite+ and Zenith is huge (I'll be Elite+ after my next cruise in March).